5

What’s in a name?

Posted by Sparty0526 on 2/12/2008 09:47:00 AM in
What’s your name? Are you ok with what your parents named you? You know I never realized what my parents had to go through when thinking of names for me and my brothers. A name will be with you for the rest of your life, and you don’t even get to pick it. The Wife has tossed many girls names at me that I dismissed, mostly because you can turn it into some horrible nick name or I don’t like some sort of Celebrity that already has that name. She finally came up with Lilly Ann. A Boys name came a little easier; we had one in mind and just feel it’s a very strong name, Jack Henry. The First name for the girls name has no real significance in our families but Ann is one that is in either our families in one form or another. As For Jack, we each have a grandfather, and there have been many great Henry's in my family, but I would be lying if I didn’t tell you it really is to honor my cousin Henry who passed suddenly almost a year ago. So what’s in a name? Plenty!

|

5 Comments


I'd be that weirdo parent who picks crazy names like Inerta or Galatea.


I like Blanket or Pocket


Picking a name should take a lot of consideration ex: What were we thinking when we name our oldest with double constants? “KK” didn’t think about if she married someone with the last name that started with a “K” her initial would become KKK Then we had a son and moved on to the double vowels “AA” not ever thinking the we just named after a sobriety group. I love the name Ann and I really like the name Ann with an “e”. LOL


So if you have a girl, you're going to have a little LAS, huh? Hehe, not a bad nickname.

Seriously, those are some nice names.

Copyright © 2009 Bloggings of a Father All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.