2

The debate continues….

Posted by Sparty0526 on 8/01/2008 11:31:00 AM in

Well as we get closer and closer to the due date, one major debate has raged on…
BOY or GIRL! We are about 8 weeks or so from finding out. I maintain the stand that it is a boy and The Wife maintains the stand she has a “feeling” it’s a girl. So over the past few months we have done our research and found as many of the wives tales or “ancient methods” we could. The two I like the most is the “Heart Beat” indicator and the Chinese baby chart.

Heart Beat Indicator

This one is my favorite, mostly because at this point I am winning with it (this week). So according to this one if the baby’s heart rate is lower 130-140 it’s a boy, if however it’s higher 140-150 it’s a girl. So 4 weeks ago we went and the heart rate was in the mid –upper 140s, this week when we went it was in the 130s but closer to 140.


Ancient Chinese baby gender chart


I like this one because of how absurd it is. It’s said to be 90% accurate, you match the mother’s age at conception with the month of conception to get the gender…so according to the chart we are having a boy (yes I am winning this one too). So look at the chart and what do you see? There are a ton more girls on the chart then boys and anyone who has been pregnant knows that more girls are born then boys statistically. Anyhow I just think this one is absurd. If you have had a baby tell me if the chart was right for you!


Ok now you tell me what you think…Check the poll to the Right and pick boy or girl!

|

2 Comments


If the greens are actually blues, and that means boys, it's wrong on both counts, yer missus & "selma bouvier".


I took the chinese test and it was right on for all three of my boys,so I'm being swayed to think it is a boy.there is another old wives tale that if your carrying a girl she takes all the beauty away from the mother and Emily is as beautiful as ever.Boy or girl it will be a beautiful baby.

Copyright © 2009 Bloggings of a Father All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.