2

A letter to our Leader

Posted by Sparty0526 on 6/24/2009 10:38:00 AM in , , ,
Dear Mr. President,

I was happy to read today about the $2500 tuition rebate that will be taking affect this year. I am sure it will be gone by the time my child is in school, but happy for all the parents and students who can use it now.

I do however have one question. When will I get help? I went to college with the promise of a better paying job. I was told "if you don’t go you won’t be able to get a good paying job." What I wasn’t told was, if you do go after you done you will have a bill well over 40K. now it’s been 4 years since I graduated and I have a monthly payment of over $400, with my wife’s its over $600 and close to 75K. With a monthly bill like that it’s very hard to support my family yet alone contribute to the economy.

So here is what I propose...
1) Some sort of tiered rebate for graduates with student loans more then 1 year old.(as usual there should be restrictions)
a) The rebate must be applied to the student loan.
b) Singles who earn over 50K and have less then 25K in loans, no rebate. 100K and 50K for Couple.

We have bailed out the banks…now it’s time to bail out the Students!

Sincerely yours,
Educatedbut Nowbroke

|

2 Comments


this certainly deserves attention. I've got an idea: how about Mr "S" goes to Washington!


The problem with this is it's unconstitutional, just as the bank bailouts were. The government does not HAVE any money, they simply seize money from other hard working Americans who earned it.

If we bail out all students with loans, what about the students who didn't get help with loans, what about someone like myself, who has no loans, lives within my means, and pays my bills everyday. Worse for me is , I have to fund all of these "bailouts". I should not be punished for my success. Furthermore, as I said before, the government already cannot seize enough money to pay for the current bailouts, that will be handed down to our children and grand children. So, when Jack grows up and is successful(As I am sure he will be) he will one day come to you and ask, dad, why does more than half of my paycheck go to the federal government? You will have to explain to him that his paycheck is going towards your student loans, the banks, the wooden arrow factory, Chrysler and GM(which probably won't exist anymore by then). This is simple economics, it is not a "moral" matter or an "ethical" matter, it is the LAW of economics. We learn from our mistakes, not from being bailed out. If our parents bailed us out every time we made a bad decision, we would never stop making bad decisions. I believe in the human spirit, and when left to one's own devices a person will always prevail through rough times. It may take adjusting, it may mean not getting a new car, it may mean not being able to eat at the fancy restaurants, not having an iphone, a pool, a new deck, a huge house, or any other thing that people buy that they can't afford(even though the bank says they can). When people stop buying and start saving, that will fix the problem.

If the government stopped taking our money, no one would feel the need to take money from the government. The government is like a henchman working for the Mob, the mob doesn't take someone's money, the Henchmen does, yet we still know it's the Mob that took it. With the redistrubution of wealth, the government is the henchman, and all of the people with their hands out are the mob, yet no one realizes it's the people with their hands out taking your money.

To go to my first point, we have 3 god given rights, a right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Happiness is not guaranteed , we are simply given the right, by God, to pursue it. The reason it cannot be given is, to give it, you must take happiness away from someone else. You can never give something, without taking from another.

Life is hard, no doubt. If you ever need anything, just ask. I will pray for you and your family, I know God will help you through this time.

Copyright © 2009 Bloggings of a Father All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.